Monday, November 23, 2015

• Life of Late •

Life has been crazy for the last couple of weeks, hence the un-announced break from blogging! The main reason was that my sister was in the hospital, quite literally at death's door. She has and did have very bad lung problems, with one lung being completely dead, and the remaining lung being very badly infected. Her prognosis was not good, but thanks to God, she has made a full recovery. Praise the Lord for miracles!! She went from being in ICU on a ventilator to being at home on an oxygen bottle in just a week or so, with the infection being completely cleared up.

In any case, the stress of that situation had us all in very unproductive moods, so I haven't exactly sewn up a storm! Needless to say, our 18th century outfits went on the back burner, and will have to be resumed after Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, we're busy with cleaning the house and getting ready for Thanksgiving and company, which means I'll get to see my new little niece again! (She's the one who the gifts were for).

 In the mean time, here's a few pictures of what has been happening around here;


Snow. SNOW!!!!!!!


I absolutely love winter, so the 6 inches or so that we got made me exceedingly happy. And the way it coated the trees made me even happier. :) I like snow.
No, actually I love snow.


I did manage to sew a couple of baby projects last week! Shocking!
The first one was this adorable blue dress, made from a 1940s pattern. Believe it or not, I wanted this fabric for a dress for myself SO bad, until I realized that it had tiny baby rattles all over it. Then I was glad I hadn't bought it. ;)
It makes for the cutest little dress though, don't you think? It's a size 2, and I only lengthened it...you know....six inches. Hardly any.


The other was this adorable (wait, I already said that!) really cute yellow dress! It is the epitome of girliness; I just love it! It is made of leftover fabric from my yellow 1940s dress, and the fun part is, I still have enough left for a bonnet or diaper cover! :)
Once again, I lengthened this dress something like six inches. I don't know why people thought little girls had to wear dresses that barely covered their cute little diapers! Goodness!
As with all of the little dresses I make, I just serge the hem edge so that one day when I have said munchkins (Lord willing!), I can hem them to the necessary length.

I just love making little clothes! And yes, just in case you were wondering, I AM going to make little boys' clothes. Eventually.
I just keep being drawn towards these fluffy little dresses.
Ahem!
Must think overalls!

To see the other projects for little ones I've made in the past, click here.

I'll be back next week (hopefully!) with a real post! In the mean time, have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving! 

Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your sister is alright, I hope you have a lovely and relaxing thanksgiving with good health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow is BEAUTIFUL! Although I am happy we've had a late fall and I hope now the weather holds through Thanksgiving. :) Those little dresses are darling, by the way! Little clothes are so cute.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear of all your sister went through! But thankful to know she has come through! Your new little girl dresses are precious!! May you have a blessed Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased that your sister is getting better.

    Take care

    Blessings

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I will be praying for your sister's continued healing!! How scary for you all! I am happy to read though, that she is getting better!
    Your sweet little girl dresses are so adorable! You do such a wonderful job on these little garments!! What fun!
    Blessings!
    g

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all my heart, I'm truly sorry that your dear sister has gone through such a nightmarish experience. My thoughts and heart are with her and your whole family. May she continue to make a full recovery and never be hit with such a frightening life and death experience again.

    Thank you very much for the thoughtful update and for sharing something so personal with all of us.

    Gentle hugs & joyful Thanksgiving wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those cute little dresses, they are gorgeous! I hope your sister will make a full recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that your sister was so unwell. I hope that she gains back her health quickly! Also, your snow photos are so pretty. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so, so much for your sweet words, well wishes and prayers! I appreciate you all very much! :) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)