This week, our church hosted a ladies' craft night. It naturally follows that I would be wearing an apron, since aprons are my favorite.
Of course, I couldn't just wear any old apron. I had to have a new one! So, with only about 2 hours before we had to eat and leave, I started making it. Let's just say my sewing machine got some strenuous exercise. But that's good for it, right?
I wanted to make one with ruffles on the shoulders and seam binding all the way around, but in view of my schedule, I opted for an easier design. I used See & Sew B5518, altering the bodice slightly because I wasn't putting in elastic, and I put on a different pocket. Oh, and did I mention ric-rac?
I wanted it to look something like view C in Simplicity 3544, so I added the cute little rows of ric-rac on the top, bottom and around the pocket.
If I use this pattern again, I will definitely be lengthening the straps by several inches at least. I should have measured them before I made them, but I wasn't taking time for anything like that when I made it. No pins, no markings. Just cut and run!!
Believe me, when I'm making a dress, I do things quite a bit more carefully.
Just as a side note, the dress Thelma Lou is wearing is not sheer unless you happen to have tomato-colored skin. That would be an inconvenience.
In any case, it's so nice to have a new apron to wear! I might just have to sew another one soon! :)