Wednesday, October 17, 2018

• 1920s Silk Frock •



Earlier this year a local Art Deco theatre had their 90th anniversary celebration that my mom and I were able to attend.  It was an absolute blast, and it truly felt like you were right back in 1928!  I got to wear my true vintage '20s dress for the first time, which was also super fun!




I found this dress on Ebay under "rockabilly," "boho," "hippy," "70s," and a bunch of other...less desirable (in my opinion) tags, but just as I suspected from the pictures, it turned out to be a SILK 1920s dress in nearly perfect condition.  In my size!!!!  To say I was excited would be a massive understatement. 

It's interesting to see the construction of the dress - the strip of binding and fabric at the "waist" of the dress is actually a piece that was added after the dress was made.  The dress also features a 12" hem, which is just incredible.





One of my dear church friends, who is nearly 80, gave me this brooch for my birthday last year, and it was her mother-in-law's mother's!  That goes back a few years for sure!  I hadn't had a chance to wear it yet, so it made a very special, fun addition to this outfit. 




There was a fabulous '20s roadster parked in front of the theatre, so we took the opportunity to get a photo with it!  :) 




The theatre is absolutely stunning inside - I can't get enough of it!  I'm so excited about this season's philharmonic concerts, as they are nearly all at this venue.










At this 90th anniversary event, there was a famed theatre organist playing on the Page theatre organ, one of only 3 remaining ones in the world.  Talk about incredible music!!!  I would have loved to have gotten my hands on that organ.  I could listen to that music allllll day long.



Thanks for reading!  Hope you are having a wonderful week.  :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Esther,

    What an incredible find! The dress looks like it was made for you. Your visit to the theater sounds grand. I can imagine hearing a concert there would be wonderful!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing find and for a great occasion too. You wear that dress so well.
    Jennie from theuglydame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wear the 1920's styles so well! My favorite picture is the one of you on the staircase. Looks like it's an "original"! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)