Monday, September 22, 2014

Vintage Fall Wardrobe Inspiration · Coats

The other day my mom picked up a couple wool coats at a thrift store, so I am planning on re-fashioning one of them. It is long, big, and rather intimidating, but with a few changes, I think it will be very nice indeed. 
Here's some much-needed vintage coat inspiration:

I just *love* this blue wool coat that Lily of Mode de Lis remade. It is so pretty, and that collar is to die for! I like those side-belts too...

Many 1940s coats had tie belts, so that's another thing to consider.


I like the big patch pockets on that red coat! They would add some needed character.

I don't know if it's possible on a thick, black coat, but a contrasting binding looks really pretty around the edges.


Once again, I'm not sure if it's possible, but making an asymmetrical closure would be perfect. Mmmm. And those biiiig buttons. And cuffs.
I am inspired!

Visit the blog live to leave a comment!






Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)