Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DIY Fall Burlap Wreath

Since it's feeling so fall-y out, (and since I've been looking at burlap wreaths on Pinterest and LOVING them), I decided to make one! I picked up a foam wreath form for $5, some ribbon for about $3 (both from JoAnn), and some berry-like flowers for $0.97 from Walmart. I really don't like shopping at Walmart at all, but it was my only alternative at the time. I had some fake leaves laying around, so I incorporated them as well. As for the pheasant feathers, well, all you need to do is go pheasant hunting, and if you have success, you will have plenty of those to choose from! :)

To wrap the wreath, cut 3-4 inch strips of burlap. I used three strips for mine.
 When you reach the end of one strip, pin it (not to pinterest, but to the wreath form...), and pin on the next one.
Once you have it completely wrapped, pin the end down (preferably color-coordinated pins).
 
 Now we're ready to have some fun!! I clipped the "berry" flowers down a little bit so the stem wasn't sticking out horribly, and pinned them on with sewing pins, just kinda here and there and everywhere around the stems so they stay. Then pin on your bow and stick in the feathers. You're done!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for stopping by! Check out my link party!

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Really cute wreath! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this on my blog hop last week! There is a new blog hop starting this week: http://contentemeant.blogspot.com/2013/09/what-are-you-doing-wednesday-blog-hop-19.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)